I never want to forget these days. I never want Mason to forget our days together. It's inevitable that we both will forget eventually, at least the specifics of the moments we've spent together. I want Mason to remember the hours we spend playing, building, talking, digging, 'doing life' together. I want him to remember that I was a mom that always said 'yes of course I'll play with you' and not always too busy. I want him to remember me helping build extravagant airplanes, tall buildings, fast cars. This particular picture was taken yesterday while Sutton was sleeping. The house was quiet and dark after lunch and the two of us sat at the Lego table and built the coolest airplane ever. Nothing else mattered but helping and designing with him. There were places for people to sit, shade over their heads, a ladder to get to the top and of course a crane with chain. The conversation was simple. It was a simple moment to him but oh so big to this mama. I want Mason to know that I do notice the small stuff. I am a part of his day. I miss him when he's at school and he always tells me he misses me more. Mason baby, I love spending my days building with you. I don't ever take these moments for granted. I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment