Friday, January 24, 2014

Everyday Life and Thoughts

I have NO clue who reads my blog…it's one thing I don't like about the "blogger world." Sometimes I have like 30 people? Don't know how you are out there and I apologize i usually have nothing profound to say. I don't write for other people. I write for myself, Ryon, and my boys to read someday. Because all my boys will think I'm profound right???!!! So anyway….One day I want to look back and be reminded of what my days were like and what my boys were like at this age…that's why I write.
The boys always have a runny nose. I have exhausted every option and every medication to fix the problem and I think we are just doomed for life in the snot area. What's more ironic is I seriously hate snot, if a kid that isn't mine walks up to me with their nose running I almost throw up, no lie. So now I'm the mom with the snotty kids :) Awesome how God works huh?
Mason says "Oh Man" if he has to do something he doesn't want to. He is in a major pushing phase. If someone does something he doesn't like, he's going to push them, including me and Ryon. Ugh this is frustrating. Poor Sutton is usually on the wrong end :) Mason is cleaning his plate these days. He won't eat breakfast, but every other meal, I can't seem to feed him enough. His waist bands are getting tighter on his jeans. Mason has a photographic memory I think. Doing puzzles and matching games is super easy to him, not because he knows how to fit the pieces together, but simply because he remembers where each particular piece goes in the big picture. I love to watch him do this. He really wants to help with everything. I love it and hate it at the same time. Way harder to cook dinner with both boys on stools next to me throwing, picking, turning on, everything around me! He sleeps in only underwear, even when it's 15 degrees outside. We have to take a train everywhere we go. (And Sutton one too.) TK's is our favorite place to go.
Sutton is hungry. All the time. People that send their kids to day care where the kids are fed their meals, lucky you! Our grocery bill is getting outrageous. Yesterday I brought home left over fajitas from a lunch meeting I had and he proceeded to eat three plate fulls and then the chicken tortilla soup I had made for dinner….Sutton is stubborn. If I don't give him the right cup, he's pissed. If I don't put his snack in the right bowl, he's pissed. Get the drift? Yep, it's super fun! haha
I only buy produce in even numbers. Each boy always has to have the same thing, so I don't dare only buy three of something. Almost everything I bought on Tuesday is already gone by today as far as fruit and "healthy snacks". I'm going to try to put in a small garden this spring and summer to help with the cost of food for these boys.
Ryon is seriously kicking booty at work. We are super blessed with his job. He's amazing at it. These men trust him and want to do business with him. It's simply amazing. I know we are in the boom and so everything is great right now and that won't always be the case, but man I'm proud of him.
I love my day job. I have the best job ever. And obviously I'm thankful to Ryon for letting me stay at home. I'd give up anything in the world to continue this though. I'm starting to freak out a bit about Sutton turning two in May. I'm just not ok with it. Time can slow down now please :) I am loving making blog books for people again. I slowed down last year because honestly I had a rough client that sucked the fun out of it pretty fast, but I have been so happy to get my creativity going again! They are turning out so great and I'm glad God is using me to put these memories into such wonderful books for people. On that note, my goal is to do my own books this year too! I'm pretty behind because I've been doing everyone else's :)
Um this week we ran errands on Monday, Wednesday we went to the Library for storytime, and the boys were actually good and it was pretty enjoyable!, Thursday night before dinner we had a jam session for daddy, Friday morning we hosted Melanie and her boys for a bit and then Charity and Emma came to play since it was so super cold :) Tonight the boys are with TK and Rick and Ryon is at the ranch. Wow. So I'm working on a blog book and will go to bed early!

No comments:

Post a Comment