Monday, May 7, 2012

38 Weeks

It's getting to be about that time....Baby time! I can't even believe I'm 38 weeks pregnant with my second baby. Next Thursday is the big day....SO WIERD. The life of the baby right now is just super active, kicking me and moving around constantly. I can tell he/she is cramped in there because I'll have a whole elbow or knee coming out of my side half of the day. I'm also having such pressure in my pelvis. I feel like it could just fall out. Which...funny story, Craig at the office told me the other day that I should walk around with a basket, because it looked like it was about to fall out..seriously?? People are starting to tell me I'm about to pop...depending on who says this warrents my reaction. If you know me and I like you, then talk all you want, but if I don't know you, please don't tell me how fat I look. It's just rude. We had a Doctor's appointment this past Thursday and the heartbeat was like 125, super low. On Friday Teri and Rick kept Mason in the afternoon and I rode with Ryon to Lubbock to pick up a few machines. It was nice to get away for a bit. It was by far the bumpiest ride ever though so we thought it may help the baby come sooner. I ate some spicy dinner that night too. And we had a full moon this weekend, but nothing still. Everyone was on edge all weekend, it was funny. I finally threw a few things in a suit case the other day and we put the car seat in the car. We are so much more laid back with this one. I have a tight schedule for the next week though with lots of appointments and things to get done.
 As far as Mason goes, he's kissing everything. He's shaking everyone's hand. He is screaming really high pitched and loud. He's calling out my name..finally!...in the store. He's play.play.play. If I'm lucky he'll nap before 4 in the afternoon. I seriously don't know how he does it, and it's starting to wear me out. He quacks like a duck. He simply loves dirt. If he eats what I want at meal times, I consider it my greatest accomplishment of the day. He loves our new car. He loves all dogs. And kisses them frequently. He still notices my belly and sometimes is super sweet to it. He's been sleeping much better, so that has helped me so much with my energy level, but I better not get used to it because tonight he'll probably be up all night :) He has two molars and four teeth on bottom and four on top now. He has the dirtiest finger nails ever all the time because of his play habits. He loves his shape blocks and we play with them a lot and his puzzle. These are the only toys that seem to capture his attention for longer than 5 minutes.
As for Ryon, he's working is his little booty off in this crazy market we are in and has also played in three golf tournaments in three weeks so he's been a pretty happy man lately. He gets cranky when he doesn't get to play. As for me, I've been working, doing Junior League, and house stuff...nothing really that exciting! I'm in need of a vacation.


1 comment: