Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sutton Richard Vestal

Sweet Sutton Richard was born on May 17, 2012 at 7:51 am, weighing 6 pounds, 15 ounces and was 19 inches long. He has dark hair, dark skin, and looks like his mama's baby pictures, however looks just like Mason as a baby as well. He is healthy, growing and eating like crazy. At his one week appointment he had already grown to be 21.5 inches long! Dr. Nabolsi commented on how strong he was, as he's already picking his head up pretty well. The Dr. also said he was going to be tall. Not sure why but that was his opinion. Sutton is a good baby just like Mason was. He cries when he's hungry and not much more. He eats every 3.5 to 4 hours. I am breastfeeding a bit, however I'm not producing much so he's mostly on formula.
As far as the hospital and the procedure went, I can not explain how different my experience was this time around. A scheduled C section is so much better than the emergency. With Mason I screamed on the table as my medicine had worn off and I felt every pull and tug Dr. Locke made. With Sutton, they didn't even strap my arms down and I laid there and made "small talk" with Ryon.  I kept expecting for the pain to get worse and to feel a lot more and then all of the sudden Dr. Locke yelled, "it's a boy!" As he said this, I yelled out in disbelief. I asked him if he was sure. I couldn't believe it was a boy due to the fact that everyone predicted a girl. Literally everyone we know told us it was a girl. Aunt Dona even brought pink plates and napkins to dinner the night before :) Ryon and I are thrilled yet still in shock I think. It's weird to think and wonder for nine months and then finally find out. I'm officially a mom of boys. It has been nice to have clothes, blankets, bedding, burp cloths, everything I need for a boy.
As for Mason, he had a great little vacation at TK's and Granddaddy's while we were away. It was really hard to be away from him. It's even harder to not pick him up right now. He looks SO big to me. I feel like he grew up completely while I was away from him. I miss him. I'm ready to feel good and ready to go to the park with him. He's my buddy and I feel like I haven't been with him in two weeks. I don't like it really. My mom came last week to help with him and then Ryon took over at night with him and then Ryon and him went to the lake this weekend while Lora came to town. Lora took both night duties for two nights with Sutton so that was really helpful.
We are a happy little house right now. Figuring out life with two under 2! Yikes. 

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on sweet boy #2! I LOVE the name Sutton- so cute!

    ReplyDelete