Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sitting up and Sippy Cups

Our Mason boy is growing up so fast. I am officially saying that we can sit up by ourself now. Sure we fall after awhile, but I think that's normal. This week I also started introducing him to his sippy cup, and he really does well with it. He understands how to suck on it and is really determined to hold it by himself. With daily practice, I'm sure we aren't far away of being able to put some formula in it. That will be nice because I get tired of holding his bottle all the time!


We are crawling everywhere and very interested in so many different things. I can see his little brain working daily. This picture is of him trying to climb off the couch to get on the floor with Bradley. It made me realize how daring he is going to be. He also loves my tennis shoes right now and tries to eat my shoelaces.
Bath time has changed for us this week also. We have a little tub for him and usually I lay him back in it on one side that is made for infants, but I switched him this week so he could sit up more. And of course he loved it. He sits, splashes, and plays with his rubber ducky's. I can see bath time getting longer and longer :)


This week I have started trying to feed him "meals." So I'm trying to feed him a veggie, fruit and formula in one sitting three times a day. Which of course he'll eat anything and as much as I give to him. Then in other feedings I try to just give him a bottle, a "snack", but it's not working that well because he's always so hungry and wants more than the bottle! I'll figure it out though. We also got a new car seat this week. He has almost grown out of his other, and I don't ever use the carrier anymore because it's too heavy to carry around! He seems to like it and will get used to it I'm sure. Ryon and I took him to Buffalo Wild Wings this week....don't worry, we sat on the outdoor patio!..and he sat in the highchair like a big boy and lasted the whole meal! I was so impressed, as he usually get's bored. I brought his favorite toys and we were really able to enjoy ourselves. He loves being outside though so I think that really helped. We have been going to the pool as well. He does so well and really enjoys himself. I'm glad he likes it because it will be a fun summer now! I'm just so thankful that I get to spend my days with him teaching and trying new things with him.






1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Mason is getting so big and already doing so much!! You're great at introducing all new things to him! I love it! I'll have to re-read these posts when Graham is this old and learn some of your tricks!!!:)

    ReplyDelete