I love summer with the boys. I love that we wear ourselves out and sleep in, we wake and decide what we'd like to do together, we laugh and discover new things together. It just makes my heart happy. I'm the first to say that it wears me the heck out though. By 4:00 this mama is exhausted. Yesterday after being at the park all morning we went to lunch. I had an old man come up and tell me I could be a ring leader in a circus! Yes, sir, sometimes my life does seem like a circus. After he was finished eating he came up to tell me how sweet we were and how happy I looked taking care of my boys. Thank you sir for noticing that yes I do love my kids and we have great conversations and sweet lunches and moments most of the time!
This past weekend we went to Escondido for our annual Father's Day get together. It was so fun and perfect like always! Ryon and Josh golfed Friday and Saturday so they were happy daddy's. Melanie and I spent the days at the pool where the boys played so well together and we kept Callahan entertained. We stayed in the water all day long, and the big boys are now at a great age to entertain and swim themselves. Friday night we got a babysitter and went to a great dinner at the restaurant. We just had a great time with great friends like always.
Our remodel is doing great! They are a few days from finishing the floors and then some touch ups on paint and baseboards. We love the updates and feel like it's a new house. Lighter paint colors, my white kitchen cabinets are fabulous and we really like the floors. We've been camped out in our rooms and outside while they work. Good thing we are outside the majority of our days anyway! We are headed to the skate park this morning while Callahan is in school.
No comments:
Post a Comment