Thursday, January 12, 2012

Nightmares, Balancing Act, and Almost 22 Weeks

I've been bad about blogging. I feel like I've been bad at pretty much everything related to being clean and organized lately to be honest and I'm sure Ryon would agree. I really don't know what the source of my problem is, but things are piling up on me! The last few weeks I've been busy at work, with a few closings coming up in the next two months. Junior League is picking back up again and I've got to start planning for the new year. Lots of changes coming to the Membership and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to bring those changes to life. I'm just trying to figure out where to find time to sit down and do it. (maybe right now instead of blogging!)
So Nightmares...we have just about come to the conclusion that Mason is waking up scared at night. He's been doing better the last few nights but he's still not over them. He just screams so loud and is just freaked out. Makes me sad. and tired. i think I've said this before but Mason loves to balance himself on top of his toys. He gets on all his cars and moving vehicles that take up my entire house and balances himself on the seat and just stands there. He's actually really good at it. Makes me wonder if he'll end up being a stunt man or a crazy motorcycle rider one day. He's not afraid to get up and do it again once he falls. I just have to be sure he doesn't hit the fireplace. He gets such joy out of doing it though. I kind of like watching his awesome skills :) The other day at school I asked the teachers if he ever played with the other kids because whenever I pick him up he's always doing his own thing and figuring a toy out on his own. She said "you know...Mason is really independant. But then there's other times where he'll run back and forth and really play with the others." Independance is something I know all about. And I'm glad he has that quality. But he also has never met a stranger. This week we had many happy screaming wars while rolling around on the carpet. He loves to see if he can be louder than mama. He learned to drink out of the straw. He probably would have done this a lot earlier if I was better about giving it to him! He isn't a big fan of the slide at the park. He likes to go backwards on his belly but he's a bit scared going front ways. He's trying to take one nap a day, but it's unpredictable when that will be still. He's a late sleeper so sometimes he doesn't go down again until like 10:30 but then will sleep forever until like 1. But then sometimes he's up all morning and will want to sleep from 1-4...it's just unpredictable at this point.
Ok Baby #2. We had our sonogram last week and the nurse could tell what it is. ut we were really good about turning our heads and we still have no clue. It's pretty fun. We got some good pictures and I think the baby looks really different from Mason but I may just be crazy too. The baby was camera shy, kept hiding the face with the arms not wanting us to get any great pictures. We did get a few though. This baby is just as active if not more. And all I crave is cinnamon rolls or orange danish...doesn't really matter. Ryon is gone tonight and I seriously almost made them for dinner, but I told myself I couldn't sit there and eat the entire package again...yes I said again. It's happened before. It's bad. But they are sooooo good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment